Baby Weight/Feeding schedule....

So, I can't even begin to tell you how many... "Wow you sure feed your baby, does he ever skip a meal, HES ONLY 2 months..." I get a day! After hearing all of this, I can't help but think Im a bad mother or something.... My 2 month old eats 4 oz every 2-3 hours and then sleeps 8 hours straight at night. I feed on demand and the Pediatrican says he is healthy. Which is my main concern! But I was curious what other little ones around this age are eating and how often?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG!!! You just summed up my life story!! My son is 3.5 months old and is huge!! He was 8.5lbs at birth, 12.5 lbs at 1 month, 17 lbs 25 inches at 2 months, and 22 lbs at 3.5 lbs. He is just a big boy all around, not really fat. but everyone that sees him and finds out how old he is always says "How much does he eat?". Why do people assume that big babies are pigs?? My son at 2 months was eating 4 oz every 2-4 hours and sleeping thru the night no problem. He is now eating less than that- 5 oz every 4 hours, still sleeping thru the night.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sounds like he's doing just fine! If it makes you feel any better, my dd is TINY and I get the opposite. she's 14 pounds at 6 months old and people act like I don't feed her.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• People defiantly don't hold back on their opinions... Hasn't everyone seen Bambi "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." lol
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• yep sounds right! thats wat my daughter was doing at 2 months!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I breastfed, so I don't know exact amounts - but when he did have a supplemental bottle it was 4 oz and he ate every 3 hours during the day, slept 8 hours at night. He was always in the lower %, but that was probably due to breastmilk.

Answer by missanc at 2:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Missanc lower % has nothing to do with breastfeeding if your doctor is using the charts for breastfed babies. To the OP as long as LO is staying within plus or minus 10% of where he was born at our doctor was happy. With my first that was 0-20% and with my second it was 30-50%. I breastfed mine so I have no idea how much they ate, but from my formula friends what you are giving sounds about right. Are people saying this because your LO is big? If so was he large at birth? As I said above as long as they are around the percentile they were born at they are good.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Aeneva - yes, I realize that but they weren't using a breastfeeding chart, they use a standard chart for all babies at my drs office.

Answer by missanc at 3:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My son was eating 6oz every 3 hours at that age. Your son is fine. A was mine. Hes never been overweight. Or even chubby, and i still got those comments.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Thank you! I feel so much better hearing other stories :)
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I am so glad you responded! It honestly makes me feel so much better! I love how quick people are to judge! So thank you for your story, it makes me happy to know im not alone, and not a bad mommy!
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2010