How often should a cat be fed and have water?

I work and will not allow my cat to run around the house because she claws my furniture and gets into things, so I have to lock her up. I have had food in her cage in the past but she also goes to the bathroom in it too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pets

• cats are typically grazers, but you can feed her twice a day. water should always be available. try getting a bigger cage that has the food shelf thing.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Food would be acceptable at once but preferably twice a day, However cats should not be without water available to them (and a Litter box)!
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I give my fresh water and food every day, what your doing sound cruel if u cant take care of her why not give it to some one who can
    ??
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If you are crating your cat, the crate needs to be large enough to fit a litter box in. Can she be an outdoor cat? I've always put a lot of food in my cats bowl & let them eat & drink as much as they want.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree that it sounds cruel. Cats are not dogs & cannot hold it in like dogs can, they will go in their crate & need a litter box. If you cannot care for your cat, i also suggest you pass it along to someone who can.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I feed my cats twice a day, I leave water out all day long for them.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 2:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• mine always have food an water avilable i let mine out they have a cat tower for scratching toys an cat scartchers
    Prego889

Answer by Prego889 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• wow, and why do you have a cat?
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• get her declawed then! Thats mean to lock her up all day. Cats prefer to graze. Leave her dry food and water out and full at all times.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would suggest setting up one room she can be in with nothing to destroy (bathroom?) and putting a litter box and food and water in it. Crating a cat is not recommended.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010