What do you do to baby your kids?

Is there anything in particular that you do to "baby" your kids, that you really enjoy as much as they do?

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL..well, I still sometimes if he is sleepy, hold my 14y/o like a baby and rock him. Not long mind you he gets over it real quick. I also baby talk him and he will do it back...I baby mine in lots of ways. He is still my baby. But, he also happens to be mature and very intelligent for his age, so, no harm done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Really the only thing I do is give them lots of kisses & huggs, I tell them the reasons why I love each of them. My 14 year old like it when I hug him (at home of course) he's 6'4 and I am 5'9 I think he likes feeling superior, LOL. My 9 year old just likes when we have our time together, like I will take him to the skate park just him and I, my daughter...she and I spend time in the kitchen together, when it's her chore night to wash the dishes, I do them with her and we talk.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I stopped babying my kids when I met my now DH. I would let him sleep with me in my bed. Sometimes if DH stays up late he will come crawl in bed with me and we talk and fall asleep. That's all I can think off. If they get hurt (not bad hurt) I just look at em and tell em to get up and shake it off.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I cuddle him and rock him to sleep at night. I probably don't need to, but it gives me that little bit of extra closeness with him at night and I know that one day I'll be lucky to get a kiss good night.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My husband says I baby our son way too much but I dont see how, Im just being his mom!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 2:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I hold my 24 mo old before she goes to bed.
    I carry her whenever she asks.
    I feed her sometimes.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I will pick up my 5 yr old who weighs more than his 9 yr old brother! LOL sometimes when he is cranky, he'll say "Hold me!" So I'll pick him up for a minute before I HAVE to put him down! I talk in baby talk to my 3 yr old when he is cranky and cries over every little thing. I'll say in an overdramatic voice "Who's making my tiny baby cry?! Come here tiny baby let me hold you!" He'll either laugh and come out of his mood or he'll roll with it and fall asleep when I am holding him. I do that with my niece too, when she is acting like a baby, I'll rock her to sleep and sing rock a bye baby....
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010