4o weeks 5 days over due saturday will be 41 weeks they say i have

an unfavorable cervix what does that mean so i have appt tommrrow which is friday to ultrosound and stress test and exam to see if dilated any more i am little over 1 cm and 80 percent effaced and - 2 station if i dilate a lil more that will make my cervix favorable what is an unfavorable cervix even mean please help posted a question simluar to this but used the wrong info it was late please help thinking about telling them to induce me i am i dont know if i can take another week of this ugh !!!

thanks

Grimes1stbaby

Asked by Grimes1stbaby at 2:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• unfavorable just means its not ripening. it should be getting soft and beggining effacment and it just means they may have to use a small pill like thing they put into your cervix that begins softening. with my first i had to go into the hospital one day and have that and they monitored me for hours, sent me home and braught me back in the next day and induced.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It means your cervix isn't ready for labor yet. If you asked for an induction it would be a very hard long labor.

BUT, just because your cervix isn't ready right now, doesn't mean that can't change quick. I sat at a 2 and 75% for 3 weeks, when I finally went into labor (on my own) I was holding my baby within 2 hours.
    momofthree109

Answer by momofthree109 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• An unfavorable cervix just means it won't dilate on it's own. They may want to induce you. But go with your gut on that. Docs b=can be off on EDD's by 2 weeks either way.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think it's a BS term that some docs use. You're not overdue and you really don't need an internal exam. There are things that you can do to encourage labor (sex, certain teas, etc.). Your cervix will dilate when it needs to. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was told I had an unfavorable cervix too. They never really explained it to me. My first baby was breech and was a c-section.
    I ended up having a c-section for my second too after they told me that my cervix was unfavorable.
    I'm pretty sure I hadn't thinned out at all and that it was way high up and angled weird or something.

You might end up having to have a c-section. It sucks but it's not the end of the world.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No clue what it means, but you are not over due until you are 42wks, you are still within normal range at 41wks and 6days. Relax!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Whatever you do.. DO NOT ASK FOR AN INDUCTION! it will take forever and you'll be tired and when things don't go as fast as your dr would like.. you'll end up with a c section.. GARRENTEED! unfavorable means that it's not ripping up for birth.. YET! try some sex, take some 9 month tea and drink alot of water.. you will be holding your baby soon enough.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 3:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think it is important for you to realize that you have already dilated. Some women do not dilate until they are in active labor. IMO, there is really nothing wrong. Your body and baby are just not ready yet. I hope everything works out for you to have a safe and healthy delivery!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• unfavorable cervix only means something to dr's. i never got check w/ this past pregnancy, and i walked into the hospital COMPLETE w/ my waters bulging.
    don't take the cervical checking to heart. every woman and pregnancy is different. some women can be stuck at 4 cm for weeks, while other women will not be dilated at all and have a baby that night.
    if there aren't any medical complications going on, then i would wait to have an induction, bc that's what it sounds like the dr is going to recommend.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 3:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• To be honest, I dont believe in all these moms telling you to not be induced at 41 almost 42 weeks.... SORRY! I would rather have a baby that was alive through a c-section then a baby who passed away b/c i pushed natural birth. I have a friend who was overdue, at 41 weeks and 6 days... She didnt want to be induced and her baby ended up dying because of a deteriortating placenta and a cord problem. I am a mom of a stillborn and I know how it feels.... I'm also a c-section mom and I know that a c-section is not the worst outcome possible.... anyways, good luck momma
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010