I'm due in a month and I can never get comfortable at night. is it save to lay on your stomach with out hurting my baby.

my way to lay comfortable is to lay on my stomach. but have it been since Ive been pregnant, been to scared to. cause i do not want to harm my baby girl by put hard rusher.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm almost 26 weeks pregnant and I have a good size baby bump---Sleeping on my stomach is the ONLY way I can sleep. I was the same way with my DD. If you're comfortable, then by all means do so! Maybe try a side/stomach combo. Lay on your stomach but use a pillow or body pillow to prop your leg up a little so you're not putting too much pressure on your stomach. I had to do this in the 8th and 9th month with my DD because I would feel breathless from sleeping totally on my stomach. Good luck. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 2:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I always slept on my tummy, its fine as long as you are comfortable.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You can safely do it if you don't mind feeling like you are sleeping on a teeter totter
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I asked my Ob this awhile ago...she said If your comfortable then you can do it...Im 9 months now so what I do is a half tummy half side against a pillow when I lay down...she said the baby is surrounded by amniotic fluid and is very well protected so you should cause no harm...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I wouldnt even be able to lay o nmy stomach right now im so big! I lay on my sides with a body pillow under me so I can somewhat lay on my side a little tummy at the same time. I am NEVER comfortable when I sleep ive learned to deal with it
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 4:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• as long as you aer comfortable lol
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 5:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010