kiddo feeds dog his food and asks for more help?

my son is almost 19 months old and at every meal he feeds the dogs his food so we started to put the dogs in another room or outside when we eat but now he feeds it to the cat... when its all gone he asks for more... if i give him more he just keeps feeding the animals. what do i do?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep them separated during meal time. Our pup is crated during meals, especially when our son is eating. It keeps him from feeding the dog and keeps her from jumping on him trying to get his food.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You have to put the animals away during meals. I go through this too. I put the dog outisde and the cat in the laundry room.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I am a FIRM believer in allowing for natural consequences when possible. If he feeds the dogs his food, then his food is all gone...there is no more. After a couple of meals of not eating, he'll stop or at least eat first, feed the dogs second. =) (at which time you remove his tray).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• put the cats away 2
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 8:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010