How often do you do your dishes?

I try to do mine everyday, but I went to my dad's house a couple days ago. He lives there with his girlfriend,her son, her daughter, her daughter's husband, and my uncle. Well anyway I walked in and I knew something smelled awful, I was like EWWWW what is that? Everyone was just like dunno. Well I walked into the kitchen and every dish is house had to be dirty, it was disgusting, both sinks over flowing and the counters and kitchen table were covered up with dirty nasty stinky dishes. I didn't want to be mean and rude, but I got my son (15 months) and left. Dad called me later and asked why we didn't stay long. I just said I forgot something I had to do. But come on. He has never been a dirty type of person, and his house in now a total wreck from letting all those free loaders stay with him. I just can't believe 6 grown people could live in such filth and never do anything about it. I'm not going back over there. Would you?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• my parent shouse gets like that sometimes too, but once my babys here, i wont step a foot in if its like that..
    ahasugar

Answer by ahasugar at 2:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I do mine once a day.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• no i wudnt .. i do dishes evry day
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I run our dishwasher 1-2 times a day.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Almost everyday.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 2:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I do them every day or every other day if I haven't cooked anything and don't have much for dishes. I wake up early before my kids and do them in the morning.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I wash them when the dishwasher is full, which is usually once a day, sometimes I can go two days. I grew up, though, in a house like that where the kitchen was disgustingly filthy. Now that I have my own house, I don't care how messy the rest of the house is, if the kitchen is clean, I can deal with it. I cannot stand the kitchen to be messy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• dishes in the sink drive me crazy, my kitchen is my sanctuary! I wash them when they are dirty if I am home, typically on the weekends. During the week when I work they get done when I get home and after dinner.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ewwww that's gross...I also run the dishwasher 1-2 times a day. Yes, you should go to your dads home, but maybe you can talk to him about it as I'm sure he wants to see his grandchild. Offer to 'help' clean up...just don't do it for him..get help from the freeloaders
    sukainah

Answer by sukainah at 2:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My dad's house is like that too with 2 grown men living there my baby brother is 34 and lives with my dad I just jump in and do them as well as cleaning my dad's bathroom and sweeping and mopping his floors I take out the trash and vaccum when I can also. My dad can't do alot since he broke his knee 2 yrs ago and I guess my brother must not care. I help when I can.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010