Pregnant? What's going on...? TMI...

My periods have been VERY erratic, so I can't really pin point if I've missed a period or not...
But the past 2 days, I would wipe and it'd be old blood. Not a whole lot, and it's not often. I haven't really had any other symptoms, except for occasional cramping and maybe some nausea, but I don't know if the nausea is just from me over thinking everything.

If I go by my last period, I'd be late by 2 days, so I will be taking a HPT today or tomorrow, but I'm curious - would the old blood affect the results of the HPT? It's never even enough to stain my underwear. I've heard from others that blood can affect the results, would this?

Thanks in advance, ladies. :]

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Since you are going to PEE on the stick and NOT stick it in your vagina, the blood will not do anything to the test. Just make sure to clean the area before you pee and let the first dribble go in the pot not on the stick
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If you are pregnant, the old blood could jut be implantation bleeding. I always get very early positive results with Frist Response non-digital tests. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• dont think it will effect it.
    eleecpht

Answer by eleecpht at 3:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010