Those of you with a pool.....

Do you do the maintenance yourself? or do you pay someone, if so how much do you pay a month?

Asked by older at 3:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • We have an in-ground pool and we (my husband) do all the maintainence. We maintain it year round because we are in FL and have a longer swimming season. My husband spends about 20 minutes a week maintaining it and we probably end up spending $200/year on chemicals.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We have an above-ground pool and my husband maintains it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We also have an above ground pool and DH takes care of it. We do hire someone to open it up in the spring and close it down in the fall. Opening it costs a little over $200...can't remember how much to close it down.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We have an above ground and my dh does all the maintenance himself.  It really doesn't take too much time.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We also have an above ground pool and DH takes care of it. We do hire someone to open it up in the spring and close it down in the fall..typically ranges $175-$300.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 4:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Above ground 15' x 30' pool, we do all the maintenance ourselves.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2010