Anyone had quick weight loss doing low carb?

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• my sister did. she cut out carbs all together and lost a LOT of weight. then ruined it in a week and gained it all back really quickly.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• the key to a low carb diet is sticking with it!! it's great if you do it the right way but if you do it short term, you're guaranteed to gain back all the weight you lost and then some. so really it's not worth it unless you have a lot of weight to lose and plan on doing this for a while. atkins is good if you follow the steps (after a certain amount of time you can increase carbs slowly) but ONLY if you do it long term, that's the catch. my dad did this and not only did he lose tons of weight but his health dramatically improved- he did it for years though (and still watches his carbs), if you do it for wks or even just a month or two, you'll still gain the weight back quickly- good luck hope this helps
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i do a low carb diet and ive lost 30lbs in 2 months i have heard that if you start eating carbs again then you'll just gain it back the 1st couple of months you'll drop alot but then it will slow down but you might still be loosing inches i work out almost everyday and it the beginning it was easier to write everything i ate down and made a menu for the week it was alot of research to but i love putting on my clothes and realizing they don't fit anymore it's great feeling!
    Mikayla.Anana

Answer by Mikayla.Anana at 5:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• @ Mikayla..............Congratulations! That's awesome!
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes. When I first went low carb, I detoxed myself from refined sugars, potatoes, rice, etc... I lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks. The third week I added a sweet potatoe and morning fruit. I worked out more and lost 6 pounds that week. By the 5th week I was where I wanted to be and had found the level of carbs that were both healthy and adequate to maintain my weight loss...
    There is a smart way to go low carb and then there is the rushing, less likely to keep it off way to go low carb. If you aren't prepared to make a lifestyle change, you will probably gain some weight back when you re-enter carbs into your food intake. If you slowly add carbs till you find the level where you are able to maintain all the weight you lost, then you will be much healtheir and happier in the long run.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have done low carb. The hardest thing about it is adjusting your lifestyle to the lack of convenience. I tend to eat the same things over and over. There are no quick soup and sandwhich lunches. So a typical day for me was breakfast- hard boiled eggs/cucumber slices/coffee/ lunch- salad/ dinner- meat/veggies/sald. For snacks mainly nuts and cheese. I did lose and maintained it though- till my son- who is 4 months old. Now I have 35 pounds to lose and tried to go low carb again- only I am finding that it is not agreeing with my stomach this time around!!
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010