does any1 know what the 3day potty traing method is?

i cant not seem to get my 3 year old lil girl to use the potty, she;ll sit on it for 10 mins and then when she gets up she'll pee or poop in her panties. every1 told me that girls r easier than boys but i have my son potty train at 2 1/2. please help thank u. <3

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know the three day method but I know what worked for us. I used a kitchen timer and set it for every 20 min and would set it again for 5 min while she sat on the potty. When we got the hang of it I backed the timer up 5 min and decreased the amount of time on the potty by 1 min. Within a week were down to having 1 to no accidents at all and only using a diaper at nap and bed times. We had to stop the training because we are moving and she was having a ton of accidents, but for 1 month my girl was trained before her 2nd birthday. I wish you luck but I also don't believe in rewarding or bribing for peeing and pooping on the potty because it is something that they are supposed to do. I also used cloth training pants becaue pull ups are to similar to diapers and will hold as much urine as a kid can get in them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc. This link best describes the 3 day method.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 3:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I put my son in real undies, no diapers. I stayed home (planned) for a week with no interruptions. I took him every 30 minutes upon waking to the potty and had him sit and try and didn't let up until he had it down as a routine. Then, I upped it to every 45 minutes. We did that until it was routine ans kept repeating until he had it down at 3 or 4 days later. Never skipped, stalled or backtracked until he was trained. Even at night he was trained.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• haha imho its a myth with my dd I would pour warm water on her girl parts and it made her pee and I would praise her and made a HUGE deal about it and told her she was a big girl. Your dd might not be ready my niece wasn't potty trained until 4 it was odd having my dd potty trained before her older cousin my dd was potty trained by 18 months and we started at 15 months but she was ready don't force it, it will happen with time all kids are different in my case my dd was ahead of both of her older cousins but they also were split between mommy and daddy and well lets just say daddy and step mommy (bil) didn't exactly enforce potty training when she was doing so well good luck

bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 11:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010