ladies when you cook are you just homemade or semi-homemade and is their certain things that you just have to make homemade, if so what is it

food , cooking , meal

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 3:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do make some thing home made. I can ONLY have chocolate chip cookies home made now though. They are so easy to make and taste so much better. Though by time I am done making the cookies, I usually don't want any. I eat too much of the batter. :P
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It goes back and forth from homemade, half homemade and just plain box dinner. :-)
    Any soups or something like that I have to do from scratch on my own. I can't stand canned/jarred sauce, or soup.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I only make home-made mashed potatoes-- & I mostly always make home made mac & cheese.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have so many allergies, and my kids are following suit. I make a lot home made. Anything processed and packaged is a rare ocassion. But we eat a larege amount of fruits and veggies. I make a lot of thrown together stir fry concoctions.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I only make homemade mashed potatoes as well and I have to make cakes homemade. Since I learned how to do that, the box stuff just isn't the same to me anymore lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I do things as homemade as I can. I feel like I can only really take credit for "good cooking" when I do it myself and not from a box.

My absolute MUST do from scratch things are pancakes, cookies, basically anything baked. Cheese sauce, meatloaf, pasta sauce etc..
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Homemade. I don't see the point in spending more money for things that taste worse.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Aside from pasta and bread, I make pretty much everything from scratch. Two things I just can't handle from a box are pie crust and mashed potatoes. Just not the same.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I do as much as I can homemade. This morning I am making homemade brownies to have for dessert. We usually make homemade cookies, I love homemade bread (though I do still buy sandwich bread for the convenience), I make homemade chicken noodle soup, all of our dinners are homemade, and most of our breakfasts are homemade. I only make homemade pancakes and waffles (the frozen and mixes just don't taste as good), and I always make mashed potatoes homemade, the boxed stuff just doesn't cut it in my house lol. Oh and homemade hamburger helper. I refuse to feed my kids the boxed hamburger helper (or any boxed meal for that matter) because of all the stuff added into it. I LOVE cooking though, so I don't have an issue doing homemade/semi homemade.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i would have never thought that so far me and all the answers above would agree on the gotta have homemade things every single answer is the same for me yayyyyyyyyyyyy ladies we all know how to cook good food
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010