Doing yourself up just because...

Do you ever like to just do your hair and makeup for the heck of it? I straightened my hair today even though it's storming outside and I don't plan on going anywhere today lol. I just feel so much more energetic now that I've done that. Does anyone else do this?

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 3:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I do most days.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I do if I am feeling really down about myself. It sometimes helps bring me up.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• no i can't think of a time i have mainly i guess is cause it doesn't make me feel better my hair still looks like crap.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Lol, I do this as well.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No. If I don't HAVE to, I don't blow dry my hair or wear makeup for that matter. I relish the days when I can just go without all that fuss. Plus, when people are used to seeing NOT all done up, seeing the look on their faces when you really go all out is priceless. This said from a gal who used to do pageants and such. I CAN look nice, but I'm SOOOOooooo much happier with some sunscreen and a ballcap.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No, my hair looks good without any products in it. I live in FL, so it doesn't matter if I just stay inside or step outside, the humidity will find you! :)

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 3:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If I do not do this, I look in the mirror and get depressed!

Answer by older at 3:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I shower and do my hair every day.  I dress nicely in comfortable casual clothes appropriate for the season and I wear make up when I work or go out somewhere special.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I really need to do this everyday... you never know when someone might pop over... once i was home and dh went out... he came home with our pastor..I was soo embarrassed that i was still in my pj's. LoL
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I wish I were more consistant with it. I have a friend who rain or shine it dressed to the nines. She has amazing self esteem and confidence and she claims it's because of how she taktes care of herself now. She went through a phase of hair wraps and no make-up and she definately has transfromed herself inside and out by getteing all done up every day. I think about her every morning as I pull my hair into a ponytail.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 6:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010