Did you have baby showers during your subsequent pregnancies?

Erin814

Asked by Erin814 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. My second baby didn't come until my oldest was 7, so I no longer had the baby stuff. Then with the third 18 months later, we had a food shower. Everyone brought freezer meals. I didn't have to cook for the first 8 weeks. That was SUPER nice.

Every baby deserves a celebration!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not yet, but I will since the shower is a celebration for the baby and NOT the mommy. I probably won't need much but it will be nice to get everyone together.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No. In our family and with almost anyone else I have met, you get one shower. If you know you want more babies you save all the stuff. Now, if you get pregnant years and years later, we have given another shower. But my SIL thought she should have another shower for her second (my nephew is 5 and niece is now almost 2) and she was told it would be rude. She should have been responsible and saved the necessities.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• yes only because my MIL insisted. She LOVES parties and planned 2 surprise baby showers for me
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 3:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• had 2 w/ my first, none w/ my 2nd, and 1 for my 3rd
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I sure did! Every baby is a celebration!!! So, whether or not you are asking for big things, you can still celebrate! Plus, some people got rid of everything and are starting over with their next pregnancy. I had them because the babies were different sexes and it was great.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had baby showers for all 4 of my babies. We were still in college when I had my first, so the church in PA & our hometown in OH had showers for us. Our second baby was 6 years later. We didn't have any baby things & he was the opposite sex, so, my SIL had a shower for us. Our surprise 3rd baby was 14 years later. My 21yr old & her 14 yr old brother, (babies 1 & 2) together with her church, gave us a huge shower & our church, which my husband & I were pastors of, gave us a big shower. Baby #4 was 12 mos later, but was the opposite sex & was a 23 week preemie, so our church threw us a huge "celebration of her life" shower. We got mostly money, gift cards & clothes since we had gotten all new baby things at the previous showers for baby #3.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No. I mentioned it to my mom since I have nothing left from my other kids, but she just rolled her eyes and ignored me. So I won't be having one for this one either.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have a bunch of people who would like to throw me one although my family believes you don't get subsequent ones UNLESS:

The babies are really far apart and the second is unplanned.
    You have a baby with a different man/woman. (I personally don't like this "rule")

Now I think every baby should get a shower because all babies should be celebrated. :o) My kiddos will be nearly 4 years apart and separated by 2 consecutive miscarriages so I will admit in some angrier/sadder times I did get rid of some stuff that we will need to replace.

This time I'm not registering (well I am but dh and I are using it as a checklist) and I do have some friends that want to throw a shower but I requested it take place after I have the baby. That way I can use it as an excuse to cut down on the number of early home visits. :o) If people want to bring gifts we will be grateful if not I will just be happy to celebrate our last baby. :o)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had one with my 1st, 3rd and 4th, but not my 2nd or 5th - when people offered. But whether I had an actual shower or not, I always registered and my friends always brought gifts when my babies were born (I'm assuming they will with my 5th, since many of them have asked where I was registered - Csection tomorrow!!)

Answer by missanc at 4:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010