crampy @ 9wks after pelvic exam

went to the dr. i'm 9wks & she did a pelvic exam & pressed around on my stomach like usual but now im a lil crampy...kinda worried. is this normal? happened to anyone else?

beachmom0703

Asked by beachmom0703 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Probably normal, but if you're worried, you should call your doctor and let her know. You're not having pelvic exams at every visit through, right?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I've been having pelvic exams at every visit, because I'm high risk.  The first tech who did it had the tube inside me for almost 25 minutes, in which case I started to cramp, and I did for almost 3 whole days.
    I was probably 4 weeks old then.  I am now 6 weeks and 1 day, and I'm totally fine...  I don't think you should worry unless the cramps are bad enough to make you cry for medicine, in which case you should try and take a walk and calm down, or try some breathing exercises!
    If none of the above works, and you are crying, and start to bleed, go to the ER.  Unless it's during the day then schedule and emergency appointment with your doctor, I'm sure they will see you!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 3:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• no not every visit this was just the 1st intial one
    beachmom0703

Comment by beachmom0703 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I didn't, but I have heard of it happening. Just make sure to rest with your feet up and drink plenty of water today. If it continues on until tomorrow I would call your doctor. Also if you start bleeding you will want to call and let your doctor know. Most often the office will answer, have the doctor paged, then the doctor will return your call. I'm sure you are fine though! :o)

I just wanted to add it's probably best not to go to the ER unless you are in UNBEARABLE pain or SEVERE pain with heavy bleeding. Because as I know and have experienced too many times the ER is not going to do anything for you anyway. They will do a UA, draw blood, and send you home telling you to check in with your doctor the next day.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Completely normal
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had cramping. They also did a pap smear at my first visit which cause a lot of bleeding. (just as a caution). I'm 19+ weeks now and everything is fine. Call your doc in the morning if you're still nervous.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• thanks girls! i did call my dr. & they said the same thing, but its always comforting to hear it from someone else. =)
    beachmom0703

Comment by beachmom0703 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010