Who's in the market for a new car?

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Chrysler Group says it will make the first two months' payments on most new vehicles bought this month in a bid to boost sales after a weak June.

Chrysler will pay up to $500 per month for a total of $1,000 on most vehicles. Customers also get the option of taking $3,000 to $4,000 in cash or making a "regret-free" purchase, in which they could return any new vehicle within 60 days if they're not satisfied. Other July incentives include zero-percent financing on most Chrysler, Dodge, Ram and Jeep vehicles. All the deals are set to end Aug. 2.

Automakers have been trying to limit incentives, which erode profits and hurt brand image. On average, incentive spending was down $169 per vehicle in June compared with the same month last year, according to auto information company Edmunds.com.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100708/ap_on_bi_ge/us_chrysler_incentives

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I just bought a Mazda. I would have LOVED to buy a reliable hybrid minivan from an American co. if they made one. I'd waited for one for years.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Auto what kind of Mazda?? I have a Mazda protoge and want a Mazda 5! My dh truck will be paid in four months :) SOOO excited and my car is paid off so I think we are going to hold off for a while! IF we can! Usually as soon as you pay off THATS when the problems start!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I got the Mazda 5, Momof! I LOVE it. I wanted the advantages of a minivan but balked at the low mileage. the five is great. I got the Touring and am LOVING the bluetooth for my phone, and my boys love the little table between them and the sliding doors. when I got it (end of may) they were offering 0% financing for three years.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• jaw dropme droooooling! That sounds fantastic!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Hell No to Chrysler.... I'm holding out for the BMW x5... ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I am but no way will it be a Chrysler. I'm looking at a 4 Runner or a Land Rover.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2010