did u / could u breastfeed?

san78

Asked by san78 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I breast fed for 17 months with Evie. I considered myself very lucky that once she got the hang of it after a few days, it was extremely easy, and we had no problems whatsoever. I didn't even have the normal complaints like sore or cracked nipples or tenderness. One of the fellow breast feeding moms at the daycare I used to work at called me the breast feeding guru at one point. I just giggled at her, lol.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 2:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• Didn't/Could. --Yup I answered.. I didn't feel comfortable breastfeeding so I gave them formula & they are fine!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes and I did while working 45 hours a week until she self weaned at 11 months and never used formula
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had flat nipples and still BF all 3 of my kids. I BF the first through mastitis that turned into staph because I'm allergic to so many antibiotics that my dr had trouble ridding me of the infection. I nursed my 2nd through 6 months of thrush, which I never got rid of through my 3rd pregnancy and my 3rd baby is now 6 months old and I'm still nursing her with thrush. I have an auto immune disease that helps the yeast to thrive in my body, but with vinegar rinses, probiotics, and GSE I've managed to keep yeast under control enough to keep the thrush just milkdly uncomfortable.

I don't think formula is poison or a mom is evil or selfish if the FF. I just want moms who WANT to BF to know that I've BF through all sorts of challenges, so I know you can do it to if you really want to.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• did/could
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sure did! Not as long as I wanted to due to health reasons, but I still got the first three months in
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I did for three weeks with my twins, but couldn't after that...my milk dried up really quickly due to a hormone issue (said my doctor)...with my third baby, same hormone issue caused my milk to never even come in...I am going to try again with this one, but I am not going to get upset this time if I have the same issue.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010