Do you have trouble making connections on this site?

I joined this site around the beginning of June hoping to make some connections with other moms either nearby or even far away that I have something in common with. I have joined a few groups but it often seems there is nothing going on with them. I have sent a few invites with personalized messages and still nothing. Today I got a message from a group application saying they could not let me join because I do not have enough profile views. I am an everyday mom working part time, college student, blended family, frugal yet like nice things.. What am I doing wrong? I tried to post this question a while ago and it refused to let me post because I had not answered enough questions? Each time I try to get active there is a reason tossed out that I can not. Trying again.

christinibodini

Asked by christinibodini at 4:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• yes, I will give u a profile view.
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 4:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not at all.. This site and many of the mothers here are awesome.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 4:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have never gotten that - weird... I'll view you - you can also type in search and find mom's living close to you - I never had luck joining just the groups - I had to be more proactive and do the emailing them directly from how close they live to me and what they would have in common -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I joined for the same reason. It is difficult to meet people. But I've never heard of needing profile view in order to join a group.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That's strange. I've never had that problem.
    monkeedork

Answer by monkeedork at 4:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I know some others have said they've had problems too. I think groups are a great way to find friends but as you know, it depends on the group. If you play games Baker Street and Latte Land are great groups to find friends. Just post that you're new and you'll see! =)  And a good way to get more profile views is to refresh your screen. When I created this profile I sat there "forever" hitting F5 to get more profile views. Silly, I know, but it works. Good luck to you girl!!

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 4:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I noticed your application to our group hasn't been accepted yet because you have just a few views.

this is the email I got about my application to join a group. I moved from Ohio to Florida in Feb of this year and it just seems hard to meet anyone here. I assumed with being a big city area, that I would find others online but am not having much luck. I work as a private caregiver in a home so I dont get to meet people at work, I had to wait until recently to get back enrolled into college after being out since December and have spoken to a few of hte 15 people in my only "at school" class. I have online also. I am a coupon person and have approached women with coupon boxes in the store to talk deals and stuff but nothing.
    christinibodini

Comment by christinibodini (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Iam still trying to figure things out. I dont know if anyone is seeing my post because so far I have only recieved one reply but Iam not very computer savy.
    piwacket

Answer by piwacket at 4:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• it's not you. don't worry. it's other people. maybe it is hard for some people to to simply make friends
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 7:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2010