All he eats is RAMON NOODLES.

I swear all my nephew eats is RAMON NOODLES, i babysit him everyday and all he eats for lunch and dinner is ramon noodles, i cook for him all the time and different things but he won't even attempt to touch anything other then ramon noodles. Any ideas on how I can get him to try other things?

Brianna-Ravae

Asked by Brianna-Ravae at 4:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what ever age he is that is how many bites of each item he has to have tthen he can have the ramon noodles
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 4:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That's definitely not very balanced or healthy. Way too much sodium!

You can try your best to encourage him to eat a wider variety of healthy foods, but if he's not being encouraged at home and only Ramen Noodles are being sent for him to eat, it may not help.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Stop putting Ramen noodles in front of him and only put good food, he will eventually eat unless he has some tactile issue.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• they go through these stages
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 4:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If he is hungry he will eat what you fix for him. He now knows that if he holds out long enough, you will cave in. Put your foot down and if he doesn't eat, he will learn that he must eat what you give or go hungry.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Mix in veggies with the noodles. My ds went through this stage and I got a can of mixed veggies and added it in. He ate it with no problem. I also would cook mashed potatoes and mix them in as well.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Hard to say. When my nephew was about 4 he started these phases. He wanted french toast 80% of the time. Then it was toasted cheese. Currently it's eggs, dippy eggs and toast. At least he is eating LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Use a julienne peeler to cut up veggies in to long thin noodles. Maybe start with something white like zucchini so it's not too different and then work in some shredded carrots and such. Finger veggies like peas, corn, and edamame might work too. My guy is quite partial to ramen too so I cook it without the seasoning packet, toss it with a little butter, and top it with veggies.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My son eats very few things. They are like that I read, until they are about 6. However, just Ramen noodles is exagerated. My son loves pasta soups including Ramen. I cook the chicken and make chicken broth and then put the noodles there and cut the chicken in little pieces and some tiny veggies. He loves it. Also Loves to eat Cereal. I cannot believe your nephew does not like cereal. It is very nutricious. I'm sure he eats some other things. Ask him without a fuzz, you may be surprised. How about banana, raisins, grapes, raising bread, Fruitables Juices, Oranges, Milk, OJ?
    CACHARRA

Answer by CACHARRA at 7:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• maybe mix in some veggies with the ramen noodles... its better than nothing, I guess
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010