Did your little girl turn into an alien once she started her period?

What happen to my sweet daughter? I don't even recognize her! She started her period a while ago and she is starting to get mean and angry. She even balled her fists at me at one time. What do you think could this be hormones? Regardless she is being punished for her disrespect and my husband says I should not blame it on hormones but come on? I am sure this new period has something to do with it . What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• It never did that to me or my older daughter.I think a lot of times people like to blame it on that.My opinion it has more to do with life in general.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Puberty is filled with new hormones, strange moods, peer pressure, etc. It is a rough time. I'd find a good book re: birds and bees and sit down and talk with your daughter about what is happening to her body, etc. Explain that you understand it is difficult but that while she can't always control her emotions, she CAN and is EXPECTED to control her actions. It is also likely that something happened at school (or elsewhere) and is bothering her.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Welcome to the blessed hormone years!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Diet and lifestyle changes can help. Try to limit or exclude any processed foods and sugar. Fast food is filled with who knows what. These things can all really do a number on anyones hormones and health. Of course we all know that there are times hormones cause us to not feel like ourselves however there are solutions that can make a difference. It's not like we can't understand what she's going through right girls.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• yes, nic eway to put it because is worst than an alien.
    cayenaroja

Answer by cayenaroja at 4:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010