Emotional Infidelity

Has anyone here dealt with it? How did you find out? Did you stay in the relationship, or did you leave? Why? IF you stayed how did you regain trust in that person? Did you have kids with this person? How long were you together when this occurred? How did you confront it? Were you happy with your decision? How long did it take you to trust that person again?

I was hit with a ton of bricks on Sunday night, because the one an donly time I go to use my husband's cell, because mine was dead, there was a text from a girl, and then there was email correspondence, and more texts and pictures and it's been going on since 2007. I am so hurt and confused. I have hardly slept since then, and today was the first day I could eat more than a bite without feeling like I was going to vomit. I still am walking around with a knot in the pit of my stomach and feel very on edge.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Just talk with him and tell him it's time for her to go and for you to be put back in his emotional life.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i found out by cleaning our computer. i did stay we had a 6 month old daughter at the time. it took him over a year to gain back trust. we have known each other for years but only together over a year. i actually called him right after i found it (he was at work) i was so upset i told him i was leaving and taking our daughter and he would never see her again we only had one car at the time and he had someone at work drive him home ASAP so he could talk me out of leaving. i'm very happy i stayed with him. there were huge trust issues in the beginning. we have been through another rough year my husband is in the Army and stationed in South Korea and will be home in Sept we are getting stationed in Fort Hood, TX...he is deploying next year. he has told me he will do anything to have my trust back. i just have faith in our relationship that it won't happen again.
    Mikayla.Anana

Answer by Mikayla.Anana at 4:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• well, what were the posts? i don't think he should have done something behind your back, but it could be a platonic situation-
    maybe he just didn't want to upset you, didn't say anything at first and after a while wasn't sure how to mention it after the time had passed.

I'd just talk to him and see what his story is.

granted, if the pictures where of her unclothed, or if the texts were of either one propositioning each other, that's a whole other story.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• did you talk to him about this yet?
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010