When do you stop showering with your child?

If it's a boy? If it's a girl? I stopped showering with my son when he was about 2 1/2 when he said oh o where mommy's go? And pointed to my crotch area. I have a friend who is still showering with her 4 year old son. Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I still will shower with my girls the oldest is almost 6. My husband has never showered with them he was always uncomfortable with them seeing him naked. I think it just a personal decision and you should do it as long as you feel comfortable.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My 3 and 5 year old sons still shower with me when it is convenient. Nudity is not a taboo in our house. I find it sick that someone would be uncomfortable with such a young child seeing their parent nude.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Showering is not sexual in nature so why make it. I think you may have stopped because it made you uncomfortable for a child to want to explore or learn about the anatomy. I still shower with mine and will do so until...? If I had a boy, I would just use it as a learning opportunity and go on until...?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• When it gets uncomfortable for you or them.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Thank you jade for pointing out what should be common sense. Sexuality and nudity do NOT go hand in hand. Curiosity is normal, and for someone NOT to take advantage of a learning experience is simply a travesty.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My nephew was about 4 when he asked where his mom's pee pee was like daddy's. I guess when they start noticing. Although, it is up to the family. My nephew still sees his mom naked, still is in the tub at my parents and we go to the bathroom infront of him. That's just how we are though. No I am not in the bathroom when my dad or brother are in there, but with children it's different. When they get to be a little older than 4 or 5 that will probably stop.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have all boys and stopped showering with them when they were around2. Mostly because they like baths now and I don't take baths. If my 5 or 3 year old asked to shower with me, I'd probably let them. They never do though.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010