Scared to sleep!

Ok Mommas...my son is 4 months old and such a great sleeper but the past few nights I have been going into his room and not only is he rolled over on his belly but his head is face down in the bed. His crib is 100% safe but I can't sleep at night thinking I am going to go into his room to find him suffocated with how he is laying. He seems to be breathing ok and I try swaddling him but he's so strong now he can easily get out of that. Any suggestions? Is this okay??

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No ideas other then maybe those baby positioners you put them in so they cant roll at all, or maybe bring him into your room in his crib so you can keep a better eye on him
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I cosleep and bedshare with a side carred crib (which is more of an endtable since we breatfeed and she sleeps in my armpit. right now) I would never sleep separated from my baby especially that age. You could put his crib in
    http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/ your room, sidecar it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• He is okay. If he is rolling himself over it is alright. But I remember with my first baby how terrified I was for a while and couldn't sleep myself, constantly checking on him. Both my babies sleep and slept with their heads covered in blankets and their head rammed into the corner of the crib. IDK why they do it but they do. I had a sleep positioner, but at 4 months both were able to roll around until they were comfortable.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• As 2BlondeBabies said if he can roll over on his own he's OK. You said you were still trying to swaddle. Stop doing that. You don't want a loose blanket in the bed with the baby. He's old enough to roll over but not old enough to know how to remove a blanket from his face.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• ya if he is rolling over you will want to loose the blanket - he could get it wrapped around him and suffocate. Walmart, Target, kMart, etc has sleeping sacs (the ones you zip them up in)- i used those to be safe instead of blankets once mine started doing this.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 5:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010