is it possible to get prenant wit heavy mestration?

my mestration last 6 days,heavy flow starts the third day and redues on the fifth day and ends the sixth day.thanx for your concern

sussy343

Asked by sussy343 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Sorry...I don't understand your question.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• pregnant while on your period or in general?
    i assume you mean in general?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes, That is when I got pregnant with my youngest was when I was menistrating
    piwacket

Answer by piwacket at 4:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i dontt think its a prob, if u r concerned spk 2 a doctor
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Its only possible if you start to ovulate JUST before your period starts and the egg is able to survive in your tube until your period is over. I guess in theory if you have sex within the last days of your flow,the sperm could live long enough to meet up with the egg. This is all very unlikely.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• A woman can become pregnant from having sexual intercourse during menstruation. In fact, recent research conducted by the United States National Institutes of Health (NIH) suggests that women have the potential to become pregnant at virtually any time during their cycle. While the chance of pregnancy is greater on certain days of a woman's cycle, it is never completely absent.

MTM

Answer by MTM at 4:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• A woman can get pregnant any time she has sex. There is ALWAYS the chance of conceiving, even with protection, or during your period. It may be more unlikely, but the chance is still there.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have heavy flows and have had 3 children. never got pregnant during my period though
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I believe people are misunderstanding the question. The person has heavy periods and wants to know if she can still get pregnant despite having a heavy cycle.

The answer is yes. Having heavy bloodflow doesn't mean you can't go on to get pregnant.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 7:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010