What happened right before labor?

Like day before....or day of personally for you?
cramps,bleeding,sleepy,water break etc....

dairyberrys

Asked by dairyberrys at 4:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I went from having sex with my husband to regular contractions.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was spot bleeding for 22 hours while having contrations. so I knew that the contractions were real and I was dialiating. Then they stopped for 12 hours. But when they started again it was full on 5min apart labor. My water didn't break until I started pushing. The day before, while having all the contractions I actaully felt fine. My sister was in town visiting. We went to dinner and to the mall.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• With my first, I got in a fight with my husband because he'd left Hershey's syrup open in the cabinet instead of refrigerating it. I had just made a cheesecake and really wanted to put the syrup on it. He wouldn't go the store for me and I didn't want to go past my due date in all the snow we had. I ate it with the syrup and I when I woke up with horrible cramping in the middle of the night I was certain it was food poisoning. I finally called my dr and went in to the hospital. It was New Years Eve and he was born about 4 hours after we arrived.

With my second, I had my membranes separated/ stripped and on the way home I went into strong contractions. I held out at home until they were closer together. When it was time to go my husband was being selfish and said he needed a cigarette. I said forget it we're in a snowstorm and its time to Go. My mom drove me to the hospital and he showed up a few minutes later.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 4:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Water broke 3 AM, went to hospital, c section at 12 noon the next day.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• With my first, I had sporadic contractions for about 3 days before they came close enough to go to the hospital. And it was during Thanksgiving so I couldn't enjoy my dinner because of the contractions. Then with my second it was like any other day, no warning. I went to sit on the couch and my water broke. It didn't break with my first so I thought I peed on myself! So I called my sister to pick me up and when she came to get me, I was standing in the shower freaking out because amniotic fluid wouldn't stop coming out. With my third, again it was like any other day. Went to pick SO up at work at 9pm then we went to the store. Right when we walked in, my water broke so we turned around and walked back out. This time, SO is the one who thought I peed in my pants and until a couple of months ago, he still believed it. I told him it was my water but I'm not sure he even believes that!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The day before I was pretty busy. My husband had bought some stuff for the bathroom remodel he decided to start the last month of my pregnancy. So I had helped him unload the car. I nagged him enough that he finally put the car seat in the car. I rearranged my daughter's room and mopped the floor. After mopping, I started to have braxton hicks contractions about every five minutes. I figured I had overdone it for the day. My feet were pretty swollen, too, so I just sat on the couch and watched some TV for a little bit. Had some ice cream around midnight and then went to bed. Woke up once to pee in the middle of the night. Then when I woke up around 8 am, I went to pee, and my water had broken.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had a tummy ache that kept coming and going all day...apparently it was the start of labor! lol
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• This is going to sound really weird...with my first my doctor broke his arm and my back started to hurt, the next day I had a son. With my second, the doctor went on vacation, the day he left my back started to hurt, the next day I had son. With my third I had an appointment already scheduled with my doctor when they called and said she had gall bladder surgery and couldn't see me - to which I responded I'm in labor, to which they responded no your not your not due for another 6 weeks and I said yes I'm in labor, my back has been hurting and now she's out of the office...I'm in labor. So they scheduled my appointment with the PA, who said yep I think you're in labor - I went to the hospital and yes I was in labor and the next day I had my 3rd son.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The day of, I felt absoultyely fine. We went shopping and to the park. At 8 pm mild contractions started up, and by 1 am he was here. It was a VERY FAST process all together.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010