Taking kids to resturants... (ranting)

Why do people let their kids trash resturants? Just because you're not at home and you don't have to pick it up means you should let your children tear up everything! I work in a pizza place and I really hate seeing when people bring kids in. yes I know kids are messy, but do you have to let them throw their food on the floor? Are you too incapable of picking up a mess? I mean if you're going to let a kid tear up a place, you can at least leave a tip! lol. It took me almost 15 min to clean up after this one family came in. There were chips burried into the carpet, chunks of pizza and french fries ALLL over the floor, it was awful. And they didn't even leave us a single dollar for a tip. All you're doing is teaching your kids that it's ok to be disprectful to others when you allow this crap to happen!!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't let me child intentionally make a huge mess and if there is a mess, we do our best to clean it up before we leave.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes, it is outrageous how some parents let their kids act in restaurants. I hear ya!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My kids do fine in a restaurant. They don't leave their radius anymore. One time I did try to pick up their mess and the waitress told me to just leave it alone so we gave her a bigger tip.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• well i also hate when waitresses feel they are entitled to a tip... not always are they so it could be flipped on both sides, you know that comes with the job dont like it? find a new job is my logic
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I feel you. I used to work in a buffet and the most memorable mess I had came from one little tiny probably 2 year old girl. The adults let her crawl all over, there was food and ice cream EVERYWHERE, even smashed between the seat and the back of the booth. It took me forever to clean and no they didn't tip me! I try to keep my kids mess to a minimum, when they were younger I would tip more but I still wouldn't let them trash the place.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• on that note- i do pick up cause i dont want to be assumed a slob
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I used to be a waitress and I understand where you are coming from! I always clean up when my kids make a mess, but also teach them how not to make a mess!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Oh good grief, I worked at Pizza Hut for two years in the worst area in town. It was AWFUL!

On another note, I have a two year old who has NEVER done this. She has dropped a little here and there, but I always clean up after her. Parents who allow their children to act like this need to actually go work in a restaurant and see what its like!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i understand why its frustrating but you knew the job when you took it, some people dont have the manners to clean up after themselves or leave a tip .. all part of the job
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 4:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree with either clean up as best you can or leave an extremely generous tip if your children are messy.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 4:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010