Don't you love it when you are about to give up on love and then you see something that makes you believe again?

My great grandparents are in their mid-80's and they have been married for over 60 years. My great grandma has dementia...he's in the last stages and is dying and my great grandma has been taking care of him. He's been up all night and day, cussing, throwing things, hiding stuff, peeing all over the house, won't eat and getting out of the house and running away and she has taken care of him every step of the way. It's beautiful. She has the money to put him in a retirement home or get a nurse but she'd rather take care of him herself. She's exhausted but she loves him. It gives me hope!

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• great grandpa* as dementia
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That's beautiful, I can only hope to find a love that deep someday!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• While that is lovely, I hope someone can convince her to take care of herself too. My dad is 82, has dementia, had a stroke, mom is home with him all day...but he's been going to adult daycare 3 days a week, leaves about 9:30 am, gets home around 4:30, so it gives her a break. God Bless your great grandparents!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That is inspiring! I really wish I had a bump left for you. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• yep!
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That's wonderful. It's never happened to me though of course!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010