When could you...

wear tampons again after the baby was born? DD is 6mos old, I've had periods since she was about 2months. And I still can't wear tampons. After about three hours of wearing them I just start hurting and have to take them out. I HATE pads.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It took me 7 months to wear them during the day... but i still have to use pads at night (my son is 9 months old) or i hurt for hours the next day. I just started by using the light tampons so i had to remember to change it like ever 30 mins..... it was a pain in the butt but it worked.
    ILoveConnor09

Answer by ILoveConnor09 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I started wearing them with my first period, which was at 5 months post partum with my first, and 6 months with my second.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• About 4 months after. Probably could have at 3 months but didn't try. They're not supposed to feel any different post-partum than they did before you had a baby.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Tampons always made me cramp even pre baby.
    You can look into getting the "diva cup" or you can switch to cloth pads which are much nicer and comfortable. Both of these options tend to reduce the length of the period.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• After my 2nd baby I couldn't ever wear them. However, I had my 3rd about a year ago and when my period returned when he was about 9m I could use them again. It is like he knocked everything back into place. Weird, huh.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 9:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010