Have you ever worked as a waitress??

I think everyone should have to try it for a nite to gain an appreciation of what it's really like!

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Never as a waitress, but I worked the different positions in a fast food restaurant before. Same basic thing, (cleaning up, giving food, keeping track, making them happy) but w/out the tip.
    I agree, everyone should work a job like that. I bet the rudeness and messiness would be drastically cut if they did.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes, for about 5 years.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• yeah for a month, then i got fired. i've heard the phrase, "anyone can wait tables." yeah not so much.

i will add that i am a great tipper. and i believe from my first hand experience that working in fast food is completely different and MUCH easier than waiting. when i was in fast food, it was completely ok to hate my customers.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 5:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No, but I would. I've done far worse things than food service. I have worked in hospitals where I was up to my elbows in bodily secretions, waste, and infection all day long. Service jobs of any type are thankless.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have never been a waitress...unless you call being a Mom to 7 kids a waitress at meal times....lol! However, when I was around 8 or 9, my Mom was a waitress and I remember helping her out many times. It is HARD work and I gained an appreciation for the job. We are very good tippers because I know that it is hard work and many people are messy, rude and thankless so our family does try to be a bright point in the waiter/waitress's day! =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 6:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010