Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fighting for custody help!

my ex has supervised therapeutic visitation of our 8 yr old boy and 6 yr old girl for 1 hour each week. this was due to abuse and endangering them. we also found out that had shown them porn. i just received papers in the mail that hes taking me back to court for more custody. he thinks because he hasnt missed a visit that he will get them from the 1-15 every month. i cant afford a lawyer and im scared to death that he will get them back. he hasnt changed his "spots" and the kids are still afraid of him. the court date is next week already. any suggestions?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (3)
  • get in touch with your state's bar association. Google your state and bar association Example - SC bar association. Call as soon as you can.

    Answer by elizabr at 5:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • I'm so sorry- is there a court appointed person who looks out for the best interest of the children?? It's possible that he could get more custody, but I doubt it will go to 50/50...

    Answer by skittles1108 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Call your local states dept for child abuse and ask them how you would get an attorney for this. They should be able to help lead you in a good direction.

    Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.