How much would you charge to watch a 2-year old?

I am currently a SAHM with 2 little girls (ages 4 and 21 months). For extra money, and as a favor I watch my cousin's 2 little boys (ages 3 and 5) for $130 a week and I provide breakfast, lunch and snack. I have recently been asked to watch another little boy (age 2). What would you charge to watch a 2 year-old? Would you charge more to provide breakfast, lunch and snack? Or would you have them bring their own? Do you charge more if they aren't potty trained? I am clueless. I want to help them out, but I don't want to make things harder on myself either. Any help would be appreciated.

blondie5674

Asked by blondie5674 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I pay my sitter $30 a day for my 1 year old.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Oh, and I provide the food.
    layh41407

• For the brief time my son was in day care I paid $5per hour plus I sent food.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 5:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• 150 per week
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 5:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I charge 100 a week and that includes meals unless they have dietary restrictions. If the child is still wearing diapers and etc....they need to provide all the stuff (diapers, wipes, change of clothes) If they have certain milk allergies they will have to bring the milk. I have been watching children for over 10 years and this has always been my base price. Kinda cheap? yea but I know how its like for a working family or single mom or dad who dont have that extra money.
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It depends on what they charge in your area. My area is from 120-200 and I pay 140 a week. I only provide snacks but its optional. I still do it my son eats like crazy. I also provide milk and juice. Good Luck!!
    rosadnr

Answer by rosadnr at 1:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• you could call a couple of home daycares in your area and inquire about what their rates are. that will give you an idea of how much it would cost for said age, and adjust a price accordingly.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2010