My SO and I are fighting over our financial stability and my inability to do something with my life. What do you think of the message I sent him?

He works part-time and goes to school, I work fulltime and take care of my DD. I sent him, "I am not asking you to provide more for me, I just wish it mattered to you that I do work 50 hours a week at a job I hate and continue to put off my education so you can finish getting yours. All you ever do is tell me that its my own fault and if I'm not happy then I should change it, but if I didn't do this, we wouldn't have the financial freedom that we do. I sacriface for our family and so you can get your career going. But rather then acknowledging it and telling me I do a good job, you tell me its my own fault and to change it. Your right, I can change it on my own. But one of the benefits of being in a relationship is that I shouldn't have to do it alone anymore, I'm supposed to have support and encouragement, but I don't get that. This is not how things are supposed to be."

What kind of reaction should I expect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Probably pissy and whiney. Which from what you say he is already acting.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• He'll probably say you don't seem to support him or understand how difficult things are for him- that's probably how it would go around here. We always argue about who is more exhausted!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't say it's you inability to do something with your life. You are able too, you are choosing not to at this moment so that you have financial stability.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If he say change then change but he's got to willing to change too.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's a good letter but who knows how he will react. Most men get defensive no matter if they are right or wrong, so probably expect that.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2010