Ovulation question- please solve

okay so here are some answers i have received (any ideas on if any or all are right?)
1. you ovulate on alternating sides (so 1 month left ovary one month right etc.)
2. you ovulate from which ever side has a mature egg ready- does not necessarily alternate.
3. if you have had one tube removed the other tube can pick up the egg from opposite ovary (for the missing tube).
4. If other tube does not pick up mature egg from ovary that is missing a tube does that egg just reabsorb or where does it go?
And last but not least is it dumb that I don't know this much about my own body? :-( Thanks for your help and any answers!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 5:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Read the book "Taking Charge of My Fertility", the best book to learn what us women should know. Don't feel bad it took a book to teach me.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sadly I don't know the answers for sure either. Only what i know by heresay (every other month rotating ovaries). But here is a bump so we can both find out.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 5:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• 1) usually but not necessarily
    2)see above answer
    3)never heard of that happening and it sounds unlikely almost impossible
    4)your wbc eat it (phagocytosis) aka the body reabsorbs it.
    no you don't sound dumb I've heard some dumb questions those are not it.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Highly recommend that same book that momofone221 does! I have it and am finding out some more info that I didn't already know and we've been trying to conceive for 9 years! I now know this new info and am going to put it to use once my body resumes its' normal cycle again as sadly we finally got pregnant (which we know if a miracle but we changed our diet to less salt and less fat, both my hubby and I went on multivitamins and I was excersising at a gym just a few days a week)...and I got pregnant within 3 months! Go figure! I know that our lifestyle had a big part to play in this! I did, however m/c as I was told that the baby probably never properly developed (chromosomal problems) and it was our first pregnancy and the odds of m/c again are definitely slimmer this time around so hoping that we are successful again!
    I know you will be better informed after reading this book as I was. All the best in TTC.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010