Is it weird to want this for my birthday?

My husband asked me what I'd like for my birthday this year, and after pondering it, I've decided...that I want a full day and a night away from home, all by myself. As much as I'll hate being away from my son, I never EVER have time completely to myself. In the almost 10 months I've had my son, I've maybe had 10 hours total away from him. That equates to about an hour a month, lol. I can tell my husband thinks it's weird that I'd want to spend a night alone, but I think it sounds so nice to do things at my own pace, how I want them...just for one day and one night. What do you think? Is it wrong me to be selfish once in a blue moon?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 5:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd love it too. I've thought about doing it before but I've never done it. I might do it sometime soon because I really want to drive out to the King Arthur store for a couple of days, do a baking class and spend an obscene amount of time walking around the store.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• nothing wrong with that wish ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• sounds like you need some time away- hopefully your husband doesn't have a problem with it and you get to relax!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Its not wrong. I, myself sometimes dream of eating dinner without someone jumping all over me or holding a conversation without interuptions. If you can get it. Go for it.
    Recharging your batteries will only make you a better mommy.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 5:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• that's not selfish, I think it's a great idea and very healthy!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• no, it's completely natural and i think it's a great idea. my husband and i haven't had a night alone since the baby was born 2 years ago and if we had the opportunity and someone we trust to take her overnight we'd jump on it. if you want that time to yourself, go for it.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 5:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I dont think so perfectly normal sometimes we need mommy alone time!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 5:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I got that a couple months ago. It was awesome! I hope you get to have it, Catch up with friends, read, go eat where you won't/can't take the kid, whatever you miss most, do that!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think it's a fine idea. It'll recharge you
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• ive always wanted to do something like that,,,but i would go and stay at a nice hotel, order room service, go swimmin, read, relax, get a massage..ohhhhhhhhhhh how nice it would be..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010