1 1/2 cm dilated, continous cramps since yesterday ???

Im 38 wks 4 day and gto checked yesterday to see if I was dilated.....I was 1 1/2 cm and 80% effaced, after the exam I was spotting for a couple hours then it stopped but Ive had continous cramping in my lower stomach and lower back but no contractions
Is this normal, should I call doc?

dairyberrys

Asked by dairyberrys at 5:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What was the position of the head? Are you carrying low like If you reach up there you can feel your cervix? Did your doc strip your membranes at the last visit (I would say probably due to the spotting.) What your saying is not abnormal just wait I think you'll be in labor soon.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That's normal. Vaginal exams can cause cramping and spotting. I'd just get some rest and wait it out.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• his head is very low the doc said but he didnt say anything about stripping membranes....
    dairyberrys

Comment by dairyberrys (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• well i was 17 days over due with my baby and i was 1cm for over 2 weeks. so i think hang in there don get too excited, things are prolly getting close so i recommend taking a nap cause ur gonna need it:] GOOD LUCK
    swiftybabe

Answer by swiftybabe at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That is completely normal after a vaginal exam. Just try to relax and take it easy. Labor is right around the corner! Good luck Momma!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010