What do you think?

Okay a couple of weeks ago me and my SO broke up because things just got so out of hand. I mean he was acting like he didnt trust me when I hung out with my friends and that really bothered me because it was only certain friends that seemed to bother him. And then when I would try and talk to him about he would get mad at me. So finally I was like I cant deal with this and we broke up. And he left me in Yuma and he took his 2 yr old and went back to San Diego (keep in mind that I was at the time 17 weeks prego). Then 8 days later we got back together but things are still iffy I mean Im scared to go and hang out with my friends because it might cause a fight so I dont go out at all. And its not that im unhappy it just kind of feels like im forcing myself to be something im not. Would you do this to keep you little family together?? And if not what would you do??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• If you feel like it's not right I would think you should break up before you have the baby. If you want to work things out, try and figure what you both can do so that your both happy. Have you thought about seeing a mediator?? 

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• have you considered counseling? sounds like maybe you want to be together, but perhaps could use a little help working it out.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think relationships are full of compromises.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I personally think holding my family together would be more important than hanging with friends. Why don't you just invite them over to your house when your SO is present ~ then he would get to know your friends and you can hang out as a couple/group??
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 5:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• He knows my friends and its not that im putting hanging out with my friends before my family but everyone needs their breaks and that what my friends are to me and all he does is get mad at me. And yes I want to work it out I guess Im just really scared.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry LiL Jeni; I didn't mean to imply that you weren't putting your family first nor down you for wanting to be with friends. As admckenzie mentioned relationships are full of compromises and if this upsets your SO so much perhaps it would be best to not hang out with the friends that bother him. How often are you spending time with your friends?
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 6:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010