When did you stop giving you toddler a nap?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 7 and stil wil have anhour of quiet play time on weekends or during the summer when he isnt in summer school or doing an activity. it all depends on the child really. some toddlers NEED that afternoon nap. some dont i woudl gauge it on your child's individual needs AND yours.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My son is almost 4 and just recently started to refuse taking naps. It's not worth the tantrum to me to try to force it.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My daughter really started fighting a nap at about 3.5, so we started doing quiet time for a few months, but that petered out. DS is 3 and he would love a nap in the afternoon, the issue is he likes to nap at about 4-6 which keeps him up until 11.... So, we're phasing him out of napping at all, that way he goes down about 7:30 for the night. If he happens to wake super early one day he'll nap earlier and I'll let him.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• my daughter isnt close to being that old but i work at a daycare and our kiddos there are required to nap at least 1 hr or 2 hours of quite time on there map up to age four and if happens they turn while still in our care they are required teh same until they leave us to go to kindergareden. a lot just rest quietly.
    douellette

Answer by douellette at 7:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010