did u take any classes that were really easy and should be common sense stuff?

i got my books today for college and i was going through them and one class im taking is called communications in allied health. it about how to communicate with patients(obviously) and the stuff they have in the book on how to handle people with different emotions. i laughed about it, i mean do people really need classes to know how to deal with people?
it seems pretty much common sense but maybe its because i worked in group homes, state hospitals, and half way houses and delt with a wide spectrum of people and behaviors, but even then im sure my 7 yr old could pass that class...

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had to take a class on how to read to children. Wow. Let's just say Easy A. It was for my teacher prep classes. I'd been reading to my younger brother for years. Plus, I'm not an idiot, or a robot. So, I don't see the point of the class, but whatever.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I took several management courses...they were pretty easy for me since I have been doing HR and management for about 13 years, I just hated writing the essays, I love to write but on my own terms, LOL! I also took a computer class that was pretty easy. I take on line courses so I tend to take classes in which the exams can be taken from home and the less essays the better, I am all about the quizzes!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• English one and two that I had to take freshman year I learned in like the 5th grade. If you don't know that stuff by HS much less college your in trouble. Speech class was stupid too. The intro to Sociology class i went to 3 times and never bought the book ... got an A on the final. That was pretty common sense too.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I took a class in college years ago that was an Audio/Visual course for teachers. It was how to hook up a VCR, how to thread a projector, How to make a bullitin board and how to use an overhead projector. It was the easiest class ever!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• math, english, and computer application classes were all easy for me it was the same thing I had learned in high school and i didn't forget any of it over summer break. I acctually scored in higher classes for math and english on a compass test but they made me take them anyway because they were required for my major.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• At my college the second year classes were meant to be 30 credits each but for some unknown reason my management classes were only 20 credits so I needed to add a first year 20 credit class to pad my schedule. I took an introduction to computing class. So pointless. I know why they needed it, most professors were requiring essays to be typed up by that point but there were still a lot of high schools that didn't have adequate computer facilities. The first class was 7 ways to get a floppy disc out of a mac and frankly it didn't get much harder from there on in.

The stats classes were stupid too. My BSc one was open book then the same stuff was covered in grad school where the only assessment involved answering questions in class. Very easy to pass but I didn't retain any of it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010