Why not...

get married? I do not understand why people have kids together, live together and love each other for years and years but never get married. I am not knocking it, but I just don't understand...?

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't get it either, but to each their own. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• popcorn

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't get it either. Better to get married and get the legal benefits IMO.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I do not understand it either. There is a lot of legal reasons to get married.

Answer by louise2 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ask my aunt and uncle! They've been together 30+ years without getting married. They seem to be doing fine. I call her auntie because she has been around since before I was born. She was married to a horrible guy before so maybe that had something to do with it.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My mom is almost 80 and feels the same way. I do too. I'm married 16 years and when you don;'t get married, you don't get anything is god forbid something happens to your man. You won't get social security. I don't know about life insurance if y ou have to be married or not. I certainly have it for my husband. I don't know. I believe in marriage. I also believe when a woman takes the husband's last name. why keep your maiden one?
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• don't fit it if it's ain't broken?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• not everyone believes marriage to be the be all and end all. many people are very happy in committed relationships WITHOUT marriage to bind them. I have a couple of friends who have been together for over 7 years. fully committed to eachother. HE would marry her if she would have it. She however came out of a bad marriage many years ago and no longer believes its the right choice for HER. but she is as committed to him without the paper as he is to her
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i wish i wouldnt of gotten married and just lived with my kids dad and stayed bf and gf, it would of been so much better. less stress, i think my friends who never gotten married are happier in their relationships. and a couple of friends who are divorced agree that marriage sucks the life out of relationships. when just living together and 'dating' its like they want to be with the other person cause want to be and when married its more like they are together cause they have to be. if i get divorced i will NEVER get married again
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• So many different reasons. Some just don't see marriage as a big thing. Some have been married before and won't ever do it again. Some have a very negative view of marriage. There are so many other reasons.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010