Have you ever been investigated?

i have been investigated for the past 6 months b/c my daughter has only gained 2lbs in the past year. she eats healthy and is very active. she is just petite. me and my husband were both very small babies. she has never been really sick besides small teething fevers my daughter is 25 months and only 21lbs she was 6lbs 13 oz at birth if that makes a difference. i also have a 6 month old girl who is only 14lbs she was 7lbs 9oz at birth. i was just wondering if others with small children have gone through the same thing....

Mikayla.Anana

Asked by Mikayla.Anana at 5:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Never. Why would you be investigated for that? Did someone file a complaint?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• did your pediatrician file a complaint against you? i dont understand why youwould be investigated for 6 months with a healthy happy child. that isnt very typical. there was NOTHING else?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That is crazy sounding to me. My daughter is almost 3 and only gained 2 lbs this year. She weights 27.6 lbs right now and is very tiny. Her doc says I am little and so is her father so she will be too.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes I have very small children especially my dd. She was the same weight as your daughter at her age. 

My daughter was in an infant carrier forever because she never made the 20 weight threshold, finally her legs got too long. At eighteen months she weighed 18 pounds, which was the same weight as my friends 4 month old son. My dd is healthy and almost 11, she only weighs 55 pounds.  Your dd weight should also be based on her height my daughter is also near the very bottom of all growth charts for her age.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• this only started happening when i moved to Texas. my husband is military and has been stationed in South Korea this past 10 months. my daughter was 18 months when we moved here and only 18lbs which hadn't changed since she turned 1. she is is average height just very skinny we have seen a nutritionist who said she eats more then enough to actually gain weight. she started crawling at 6 months and walking at 9months she has been on the move ever since. my 6 month old doesn't really care to crawl yet but still not gaining like the "average" kid they said if she is like my oldest they will do her full blood work up at 1 instead of 20months like they did with my first (which everything came back normal on)

Ryansmom001 - when did it stop?
    Mikayla.Anana

Comment by Mikayla.Anana (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My 2 yo weighs in at 22 lbs. She did gain about 6 lbs in the last year, but she is also short. She was 5 14 at birth. I don't understand the need for the investigation if she is growing on her own curve and meeting all developmental milestones. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That is crazy to me also. My daughter has only gained 3lbs in the last year....she is very healthy. She just turned 2 today. That sounds a bit strange to me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• yea it's all kinda strange she has been ahead of all of her milestones. Maybe it's just this doctor.. her old Ped in AL ran a few test on her but always thought she was doing great. since my husband left for South Korea i moved in with my mom since i was pregnant. my mom when to college and worked as a dietitian. i guess if it stops after we move then i will know what the problem was.
    Mikayla.Anana

Comment by Mikayla.Anana (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2010