Classes

How all took birthing classes and newborn classes and those kind of things? Did they help??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Birth classes, yes. They helped immensely. I have taken several over the years.
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We took the Bradley Method classes and yes, they helped. They are geared toward natural childbirth.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I wanted to but classes are way too expensive around here-$150-$300. I just purchased some videos on childbirth classes instead. Alot of my friend took classes- some of them said that the classes were helpful and some of them said they wished they hadnt waisted the money. Now that I have been thru the whole experience, I think it would be worth it to take a Lamaze class only if you are planning on having a natural childbirth, my friends who decided to go natural said that you really learn alot about pain control and what to expect. But this is just my opion.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• we did birth classes and to us they made hubby and i closer together and we both learn alot
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I took a birthing class at my hospital, a breastfeeding class, and infant/child CPR before my first was born. All VERY helpful!

Answer by missanc at 10:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• didn't take any classes and i've had 2 births w/o an epi. the first i did have a shot of nubain, but the second, i had no pain meds.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:22 AM on Jul. 9, 2010