Have you ever literally been homeless?

I spent 2 years without a permeneant address and 6 months of that living on the streets. at one point i lived inthe lower wacker area of chicago out of desperation. this was many years ago . anyone else been homeless and come back from that dire life?

sati769leigh

Asked by sati769leigh at 5:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Thank God, I've never even been close. I'm been truly fortunate in life. I'm sorry you went through that, but I'm sure you're a stronger person for having gone through it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yep..I was in my car.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• well not exactly homeless per say but we lived in a motel for a year, me my husband and our son when he was a baby. right before that we both lost our jobs and our house and stayed with my cousin for a couple of months. it sucked but now we live in a nice town home and been here 3 years and we are doing rather well, went from having nothing and beyond poor to lower middle class, and it took us a few years to get where are but it was well worth it
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Thank God I have never been without a home. Had it not been for my parents, however, we may have been
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• my friend took off with my rent money and had utilities and everything shut off..thats when a girl i was working with at applebees turned me on to stripping..she said i would make "fast money"...before i went there i had slept in my car for 2 nights but after that i stayed in a hotel room for 2 wks until i met a girl there that offered for me to stay with her until i could save up money to rent my own place. I couldnt go to my family because of my moms husband at the time. I am thankful for for how my life ran..ending up at the club when i did..i don't know what else i couldve done but i only wish i woulve been a stronger person when i got there. I'm very thankful i was able to get out.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No, I haven't ever been.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was not homeless, but, I stayed with a friend of a friend for 2 weeks until I found an apartment. Many years later, I am happy to say I have lived in the same house for over 13 years.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have never been homeless. I always have family if worst comes to worst.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• TY LovingSAHMommy!! I would say so. i certainly learned how to stretch a dollar to its absolute limit and live a very frual life now. even though we are financially stable, those years have statyed with me.
    sati769leigh

Comment by sati769leigh (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010