What do you do to beat the heat?

We're in WA, it's already 90 degrees here, supposed to hit 95 by the afternoon. We have no AC in the house (as many houses here do not have airconditioning), we are eating popsicles and watermelon, have all the windows open and blinds closed, no cooking, and it's still going to heat up to 90+ in the house by the evening more than likely! Yesterday was not too bad, got to about 80 in the house, but then again it was only 85 degrees outside lol. What do you do to beat the heat?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 5:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• its been actually very mild this summer so far, not typical.. but when it does get super hot we play in the pool and sprinklers have Popsicles or just chill in the house with the a/c on and all the blinds/curtains closed and watch movies
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I live in Texas, and we stay inside. It is only in the 90's here lately.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Pools and sprinklers! My son is a total water freak so anything involving water is good!
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Run in it! Seriously hate the heat, but have been running in it and I seem to have acclimated pretty well. It doesn't seem as hot as it used to, even if the thermometer says 97 degrees. But truthfully, we either find air conditioned activities like the indoor play areas at malls, free movies, library or go to the free splash pad and cool off there.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 6:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• SE Missouri here, or shall I say, Swampeast Missouri? It's always that way here. I have asthma, so I spend a lot of time indoors. Otherwise, take frequent breaks, dress accordingly, keep lots of fans on hand, drink lots of water and do most of your running around after sunset.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We live on the coast, it never gets too hot or too cold. When we have lived in other places, we stayed indoors in the heat of the day, and used AC. Hate the heat!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010