What keeps you from having another kid?

I have a 3 year old and would love another lil one but the hubby says no way. not for some years still....I understand his reasoning..but sometimes I just dont want to wait lol. So how do you over come that tug of wanting another one...another one to love...for your child to play with...to grow together...and all the amazing things that come with children :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• a vasectomy lol!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That's easy. The cost of raising a child. The fact that I had my last kid at 23 and that I am now in my early 40's and can do anything I want to do! That thought is enough to made me shudder. UGH!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• the ones you already have? kidding-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We have a 22 month old and a 9 month old. I love it, they play together now. I couldn't imagine not having 2 of them. We want a third but until the job situation looks up and money is better it's just them. I am sorry your hubby feels that way. By the time you have another they may be in completely different age groups. I grew up with my brother, and cousins, it was awesome!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 6:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LOL the 3 I already have. No seriously...my 4th was stillborn at full term. I quit.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LOL we are actually TTC baby no. 3 i have 2 kids from another marriage but they are like his kids bc they call his dad iv been with him since my daughter was 1mo she is 2.5, he has no kids of his own so we want just one more!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't know how you "overcome" the want but some times you just have to for the benefit of the family. I want another one ASAP! Wesley just turned 1 and we had always planned to have them close together but after he was born DH lost his job and therefore our insurance. So we had to get individual insurance and the maternity does not kick in until 12 months after the start of the plan. So that will be March 2011. So we'll start TTC again then. If we had insurance that would cover it now - then we would already be TTC.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i have a 4 year old boy and i kept trying after him cause his father wasnt around so i found someone who was and we got engaged. well needless to say he was an ass and is now pulling my daughter all around and making my life shit... so to answer the question im scared shitless of another baby daddy situation
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• we have a 3yr old and an almost 2yr old. besides medical and financial, when i get the urge to want another one, all i have to do is look at them. lol, they drive me crazy enough all ready!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• A vasectomy and having another c-section. The last one, the docs said there were a lot of adhesions and scar tissue. Also, I am just done having kids. I do not want any more.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010