lets hear those good mommy moments

i am sick of hearing about (and feeling the) bad mommy moments. so i thought we could talk about things that we are proud of or have made us happy as a parent...

i am most proud when my 4 year old ds cuddles his 11 month old sister and sings to her. it makes me feel like i have done a fab job of teaching him how to care about other people. i also feel so happy when i pick up dd from visits with her father and she laughs and huggs me and ds and knows she is home. she almost always moans when her father takes her. i know that she has fun there but i love that she has that connection with me and my son...

now what are yours!

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• when she draws a picture of me and draws me as superwoman :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• when my son used to tell me, sincerely, that I had all the answers. It didn't last long, but it was great when he said it!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Today my LO said "you " when I told her that I loved her. It was amazing that my 2 yo was trying to tell me that she loved me too.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My two daughters are gone to camp this week. My son (7 years old) misses them terribly. When we stopped in his room Tuesday evening to check on him, and re-tuck him in, he wasn't in his bed anymore! I was a little alarmed until we found him cuddles in his sister's bed. I let him sleep there, and when he got up in the morning I asked him why he slept in Emma's bed, and he said "I just miss them so much, I wanted to sleep where it smelled like my sisters"!!! I thought that was terribly sweet!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 7:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The happiest thing I have experienced so far, is when my little boy smiled at me for the first time... I love coming home and seeing that big smile :)
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• dd makes me melt everyday! She's 6mos and soo sweet. I just love watching her learn new things. Took her swimming for the first time this week and she adorable, loved the pool! But my favorite thing is when I'm playing with her and she starts laughing and rubs her head on my chest and holds on to me. It's so sweet. I could listen to her giggle all day!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 9, 2010