Call me a heretic...

but I can't, just CAN'T read a whole JRR Tolkien book except for The Hobbit, and even that one is a bit long-winded. Now, don't get me wrong, he was an AMAZING writer with AMAZING stories, but really, there's a reason that publishers don't pay by the word anymore. Those books are just packed full of rabbit trails! =)
What did you think of the Lord of the Rings books? (And don't worry, I'm still going to continue tackling The Silmarillion) =)

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well you said to.....heretic :P
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• He is wordy, but I love the mental picture that his words paint when I read his works.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Okay......You're a heretic!

But seriously, I know what you mean. I just don't have the time or the attention span to read them, either.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Good book, but loooooonnnnnnggggg
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• lol I know, I know, you guys are just joking, but you'd be shocked at the amount of put downs I've gotten because I've never read any of them all the way through! I have read books that are twice as long as any of his, and STILL I just can't stay interested long enough because he keeps on.. KEEPING ON! =)
    MamaRae85

Comment by MamaRae85 (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have tried and tried to read those. I love fantasy. Everyone who knows me says I should love those books, but for the life of me, I cannot get through any of them, not even the Hobbit. I even tried to teen animated / comic version. So I'll call you a heretic if you want, but that means I am one too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It is heavy reading but well worth the effort.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't care for them either. I do like the movies. This is the only case where I liked the movie better than the book!
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 7:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010