hpv

anyone have hpv? can u tell me anything about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Health

• No idea - don't have it, never have. But I'll bump for you.
    Good luck. Best bet is to ask a nurse.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Here is a link to the information about HPV on teh CDC site. http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I know someone who did. Conventional treatments did not work and she had laser surgery to have them removed. They told her they may come back but they never did. Apparently the virus always stays in your system though. The funny was the guy she got it from didn't know he had it and his ex gf was her attending nurse in the hospital. Oops. I know she was really ashamed about it and it was the only man she slept with after her divorce and a friend of many many years.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had it. A lot of women have it and don't ever know it. Most of the time it clears up on its own, but some of the strains of it don't clear up on their own and can cause cervical cancers among other things. I had a lot of abnormal paps, colposcopies (biopsies), and they finally did the hpv test and then it came back positive, so they did a cone biopsy to remove all the cells. Now I have had no abnormal paps for the past 2 years :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No and hope to God I don't get it. But by my heart goes out to those who do have
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010