would you be upset?

Today is my birthday. My husband asked me last week what I wanted. I told him. I want you to be home from work early and I want to have a nice dinner. He usually doesn't get home until 7 pm, after the kids and I have eaten. I understand that there is a lot going on at work, and the fact that he works an hour away from home adds to things, but I was hoping that for my birthday, he would make an effort to be home early. I told him that more than any gift, this is what I wanted.

He just called to tell me he just left. This means he will be getting home at 7pm. Normal time.

I can't help but be disappointed.

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry, hon. I can understand your being upset and disappointed. Try not to let it ruin the rest of your night,. Go enjoy yourself, and Happy Birthday. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No. It's a birthday. It's not that important. Celebrate a different day."

Wow, someone's rude and bitter.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Happy birthday birthday sharer! It's mine too! I woke up to a kid (almost 3) with 100* fever who vomited his bed. Yay for me! I planned a small gathering for the weekend and sent out the invites. My hubs is responsible for everything else for the party, so we'll see. I hope your day ends on a higher note, I sure hope he's got a surprise for you!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Aaaaw you r missing ya hubby! So he came home a little late...put the kids to bed an go celebrate! Rather he be late because of work and not anything else........right?Have a good night and a HAPPY B DAY:)
    CafeMom732

Answer by CafeMom732 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Hmmm, well dont be to upset yet. He might have a surprise for you. And a weeks notice to leave early some times isnt enough time for some jobs.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Maybe he is bringing home a special dessert for you. He might not have had a chance to go to the store until later or maybe his boss wouldn't get out of his office. Try not to ruin your birthday by being upset already. See how he is and how the night goes. Happy Birthday!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 6:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I try to remind myself that sometimes life gets in the way of plans. Now try to have a nice night with him and tell him your second B-Day wish, since you couldn't have your first...I hope you have a Happy Birthday!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 6:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Don;t be too disappointed yet. Maybe he didn't just leave, maybe he was at a store getting you something. DH sometimes call to say he'll be late just so he has a chance to get to a store.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he tried, but his boss wouldn't let him, or he just could not get away. I know when I'm at work sometimes I don't even know what time it is. It can be hard to get out early, even when you put your best effort towards it. Try not to take it as an indication of his feelings for you. He probably feels really bad about not being able to make you happy on your birthday.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My s/o and i have the same b-day 5 yrs apart, he's older. Know what I got last year for my b-day from him? Nothing, thats right NOTHING! I even tried to get him to put out that night, but was ignored! Our birthday will be here the end of the month and let me tell you if I don't get anything, he's not getting any for a LONG LONG time, if you catch my drift!!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 6:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010