anyone has ever had a cyst in thyroid? what is your experience?

in last pregnancy they told me i had hypothyroidsm i use to take 88mcd, now that i am not pregnant i take .25 mcg(pending my results tomorrow,dont know if ill have to keep taking it or not) and now these were my results of a sonogram of my thyroid,which ive never had done before,b/c doctor didnt think it was neccesary..

the right thyroid lobe measures 4.3 1.0 a 1.1 , the thyroid isthmus 0.3AP , left thyroid lobe 4.1 0.9 1.5 cm and contains a cyst in the lower pole measuring 0.06 0.3cm

impression: subcentimeter left thyroid lobe cyst
no evidence of dominant nodule or mass

just want to know your outcome,and experience with this...

thank you!!

yasbobari

Asked by yasbobari at 6:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Health

• I was diagnosed with a cyst on my Thyroid when I was pregnant too. I could feel it when I swallow too. I forget how big it was, maybe 3cm like yours. I took approx. the same dosage synthroid while pregnant. after I has my DS, I had a biopsy in the Doctors office. It was no big deal. You hardly feel the needle at all and they use an ultrasound to find the cyst. You just have to stay still & it was over in seconds. It turned out to be just a cyst for me & they diagnosed me with Hashimoto's (a goiter). I have since stopped the synthroid because I am just borderline. Good luck and it sounds like you have what I have.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• sorry has=had, spelling*
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010