The entitlement of a tip

If you have a terrible waitress/waitor do you still tip? Do you feel like you have to tip even if the service sucks?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The tip I leave is based on the service I get. I worked very hard waiting tables for 5 years. There are good servers that make a good living and there are people that are not cut-out for the job and quit because they don't make money. That's just the way it is.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The one time I did not tip was when the waitress spent the entire time flirting with my husband. His drink was messed up so she did everything but offer a BJ to make it better. Meanwhile my drink was not refilled, she forgot about one of my sides, and to top it off, she did the ultimate: She did not offer dessert. The look on her face when she went to hand my husband the check and he pointed to me, indicating I was the one paying was priceless though.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I've been known to leave a penny and alert the manager of the tip and why.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If the service is SUPER bad talk to a manager. We tip according to how good the service is, but usually leave something.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It depends on the service. I have left as little as a penny and as much as 50% depending on my service
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The lowest I ever tip is a dollar. I always feel like I have to tip something. If the service is terrible and they get their dollar, thaty should be able to figure out why.
    It would have to be pretty abysmal for me to not leave anything for a tip.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We usually tip according to how the service was. However, for bad service we just give 10% and for good mostly always over 20%. We have a large family (9) so I really DISLIKE it when we are automatically charged 18% for groups...then we only give 18% NOTHING MORE!
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 6:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If the service is bad, I do not leave a tip. I'm sorry if the waitress wages suck, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pay extra for bad service.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No, I waited tables in the past and if the server sucks....so does his/her tip.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I always feel obligated to tip. You never know they could be having a bad day or something. I have never not left a tip.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 1:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2010